Monday, June 15, 2009

And You Never Once Repeated an Outfit...Or Gave Me a Detention

When I started blogging this year I did it for one main reason: to keep in touch with everyone who I thought might be interested in my goings-on. It was also a hell of a lot easier to update a blog bi-weekly than to write a whole bunch of emails.

With that in mind, I sent out my first link to my Beijing Blog to a variety of people: friends, family, people-who-might-as-well-be-family, and even a few teachers from the Millburn district who I have kept in touch with over the years.

While I will still be blogging up to my departure (less than a month and counting!), I will be down one reader in a matter of days. And I can't let this reader slip away un-thanked...

So this entry is dedicated to Dr. Schaeffler, my 7th grade French teacher, whose advice and (at times, daily) banter got me through 2 continents, a language plateau, sticky situations at the homestay, and (most importantly) is the reason why I continue to study French.
Gold Star for Dr. Schaeffler!

1 comment:

  1. As a teacher, all we can do is sow seeds. We are never sure whether the seeds fall into fertile ground or are just blown away in the wind. Some seeds grow into strong trees, others blossom into beautiful flowers, some become thorns.
    It has been a pleasure to watch you blossom.
    Dr. Schaeffler

    ReplyDelete