Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"At least her passport was full"

Romanian Flag!

So the Night before I left to go to Romania, I had dinner with Ann, Alain and Eva. During dinner, Ann turns to me and asks:

A: Michelle, what possessed you to want to go to Romania?
Me: ...'cause it's cheap...
A: Have you ever thought there might be a reason for it being so cheap?!?

Well, the moral of the story is, yes it's cheap in Romania and I never have to go back...ever, ever again.

The blog title is what I told Joe I wanted as my epitaph, if I died during the trip. (Joe stated that there was a 50/50 chance of one of us dying during the trip...I told him that it sure as hell wasn't going to be me, but just to be sure, I wanted my epitaph to be good...)

Joe and I started in Bucharest (sad, depressing) and went to Braslov (not as sad and depressing) to see Dracula's castle...and that was it. For real. We ate tons of Italian food (I don't know, all the restaurants were Italian/Romanian?!?) and managed to navigate the language barriers.Fake Hollywood-esque signHey! I'm standing in front of Dracula's castle! There is nothing else to do in this city!
From Brasov, we went to Rasnov (see a pattern with the names here?), where we hiked up to that fortress pictured above.The view from the top of the fortress

So it was a fine trip, nice to get out of the city for a couple of days, and nice to be in a REALLY REALLY cheap area. We leave for Morocco on Thursday....

2 comments:

  1. If you wanted a cheap area where there is a 50/50 percent chance that you will meet an uncertain doom in a "third world country", why didn't you just stand in front of a dollar store in Irvington, NJ?
    -Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...Roomy. As usual, great post.

    It was fun talking to you today. I hope you find the spicy food you are missing in Morocco! Be safe and have fun.

    We will discuss you're possible one-day Ireland trip (legit, you are crazy...) and my FOR SURE EVENTUAL trip to Paris when you get back. Hope you enjoyed your nap.
    <3
    The Roomy
    P.S. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete