Saturday, July 4, 2009

Be a Good American!

So this morning I picked up Caralie from the airport, bright and early.

Caralie got to experience the joy of a metro strike (TRIPLED!! the time it took to get home), had her first bites of Japanese food, did a 3 hour walk and went to dinner with all of my friends this evening (she came in from Boston at 7 am, btw)...none of those things, however, is as exciting as something else she got to do:

SHE WITNESSED ME DOING A GOOD DEED.

I know, shocking.

When we got on the monorail at CDG, there was an American lady on it with us, who started to ask a whole bunch of questions: Where are you going, what side of the bank are you on, etc etc. I finally got annoyed and was just like, I live here.

Her eyes lit up.

Oh shit.

Basically, the problem was that she had her friend's eurail pass, but was going on to Krakow in 3 hours (and couldn't get into Paris) and was unable to pass it along. So she asked me to go to their hotel and drop it off.

I was a nice person (and because it's the 4th of July); I decided to help out another American.

The kicker however was her repeating:
"Just be a good American, ok?" "Just bring it to the hotel" "I'm trusting you" "Just be a good American."

Yo, lady, I get it. If you don't trust me, don't give me the damn pass!!!

I smiled politely and offered her my cell number, as a peace of mind and told her I would glady HAUL MY ASS ACROSS TOWN and drop off the pass.

Which I did, after dropping Caralie off at the apartment.

So, dear readers, I have done my one good deed for the year. That's it. Next time I see all of you I am going to be mean, 'cause this one good thing will cancel out every other bad thing I might do.

HA. GOOD KARMA FOR MICHIIIEEEE!!!!!!!!

In other news, I have spent three 4th of July's in France. Aka, over 10% of my lifetime's 4th of July's.

In other, other news, 8 days!!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH..... 8 days..... can't wait to see you... and your glamorous new hair :) to match Kate, I assume....

    ReplyDelete