Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bonjour!

Why Hello, there. Where are you reading this from, dear reader? Well, if you ask, I am writing this from inside my room in the palace, aka where I am staying.

Yes.

Well, no. It's not really a palace, but this probably is the same size room as what I would get at MHC, and this apartment is HUGE!

I am in the 7th arrondisement (it's classy) and am walkable to almost every major Parisian landmark you might have heard of.
What about the Eiffel Tower, you might ask? Oh that thing? Yea, 5 minutes around the corner.

It's gonna be tough, let me tell you. Good thing I did Beijing --> Paris, and not the other way around.

The family seems nice, I just don't know how to integrate with them, besides at meals. It's a very "closed door" society...so we'll see how that works out, but they seem nice and try to engage me at dinner. (You try engaging me at 9.30 PM the first night and see how that works out for you...I'm not nasty...but I started off in Chinese. Oh jeeze.)

Otherwise, all is well here so far and will post more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment