Monday, March 23, 2009

Ca va, Michelle? T'es pas malade?

So Sweet Briar took us to Provence for the weekend - Arles and Avignon - as the weekend trip they schedule us for. It was amazing, minus the 6.45 meeting time at the train station, which made me wake up at 5.

Our 1st stop was at an open air market in Arles, which amusingly, I'd been to before with my first homestay family, the summer before 11th grade. There were lots of sausages!
And bunnies, which I don't think we supposed to be pets...
After lunch, we saw where Van Gough chilled out, after he cut off his ear.
And visited the Pont du Gard, an aquaduct.
Joe and I, a self portrait.
We took that after he used me as a wind-shield.

We stayed at a Monestary overnight, that's the view of it from the hill which overlooks it.This was our dinner the first night. The presentation wasn't too good. But it tasted OK.

My carton of rose, which the directrice of SB won't let me live down. She was surprised that a) I wasn't hungover the next day and b) I lived to tell the tale. (Isn't the packaging pretty?!)

The 2nd day, we went to an old chateau, where I had also gone with my homestay family. Hannah and I role play. She took it seriously. I thought it was a hoot.

But not as funny as this picture!



On the train ride home we played "Lou Garou". No clue if the spelling is right, but it means werewolf in French. It's like the game Mafia for those who know it...

It was a successful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Well "loup" is wolf. I remember that much French anyway. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete