Monday, May 11, 2009

How was YOUR weekend?!?!

So when I was invited to the "country house", I really didn't know what to expect, except that Madame promised me that there would be animals there. I mean, give me animals and I will travel.

We set out on a Thursday night, 5 of us (Monsieur, Madame, Priscilla, Camille - Lara's best friend - and me) in the back of the car. Lara and Grandma were going to join us later that evening at the house.

En route, Madame turns around with a wicked grin and says: "Oh, I forgot to tell you Michelle, the drive takes 6 hours."

Priscilla then chimes in, "Well, we are at the Bois du Boulogne...you can just jump out now and make some money on the side." (The bois is where all the hookers hang out.)

If there was any re-affirmation that I was placed in the right homestay, this would be further proof.

But I digress.

2.5 hours later...we pulled up here:


I kid you not. This is the "country house".

Even more proof I was put in the right family. I love me some taxidermy!

Does your country house have a name? Oh wait, you don't have a chateau as a 2nd property!

So actually, the point of the trip was to go to the church where Lara is getting married in the summer. Camille and Olivier (another one of Lara's friends who will be playing the organ at the wedding) were there as well, in order to do a dry run through.

Church!
Priscilla (front) and Camille start singing!

Me and Manon
We took the care-taker's daughter to the Church, too. (All chateau's need year-round, live-in help, as I was told.) It became evident to all that she was going to glue herself on to me (why are kids like cats?! Cats ALWAYS attach themselves to me because they know I am NOT a cat person. Kids apparently are the same deal too...) and I played baby-sitter for a very, very long 3 hours.

Once back at the ranch, we had engaged in other fun activities such as:

Cluedo!
(That's "Clue" in French. DUHHH) I did better in Cluedo than in Trival Pursuit, in which I was dead-weight.

And then we got to do the one thing I set out to do:
Ride horses!!!!

Hey Eros. Sorry you were such a spaz-face.

So Lara and I decided to ride, which would have been good, minus that the horses hadn't been ridden in months, Lara hadn't ridden in 10 years, and I was wearing a hunt cap. ("Wait...this isn't a real helmet?! - Lara)

After it became clear that Eros was not having this "Michelle gets on and rides game", I decided to ride Jason, instead:

Ignore the crappy leg, forward position.

Why yes, we DO ride in front of the chateau, thanks for asking. Don't YOU?! It was nice to finally get back on a horse, even if it was for a short time. (I also rode Eros in the end, because I couldn't let him get away with being a jerk. Good thing I had my hunt cap to protect me...)

We also took a long walk in nature, ate leg of baby deer, and celebrated Grandma's 80th birthday. I have great video of that, but it's not going up here...

A succesful week-end was had by all...

And then we loaded up the car (complete with Cookie), Monsieur put Madame's hat on his head, and we drove off back to Paris.

Yet the question remains...What did YOU do this weekend?!?!

3 comments:

  1. I went to Taco Bell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed in and wrote a 7,000 word research paper. FML But I'm not bitter...
    -Caty aka Best Roomy every.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you sleep in the chateau or just stop by it on the way to the church?

    ReplyDelete