Sunday, May 10, 2009

LOOK! LOOK!

So I will admit it, I'm a pretty blase person. Except when I'm not. So this morning, I was en route to one of my favorite places in Paris (St. Ouen flea market) with Sharon when the following conversation took place:

Sharon (randomly, to some English guy): Excuse me, do you know you look a lot like Jim Broadbent.
Random Guy: Uhmm.
Sharon: Wait, ARE you Jim Broadbent?!?!
Random Guy: Uhh....(1/2 nods and gives Sharon a "Please go away look")
Sharon: COOL! HIIIIIIIIIIIII! I'm Sharon.
Me: (head in hands) I can't take you anywhere....and who the hell is this guy?
Sharon: He was in Bridget Jones's Diary and Moulin Rouge AND he's Professor Slughorn in the new Harry Potter.
Me: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

On further research, he is also an Oscar winner. I was so excited for one of my first celebrity spotting in ages ('cause Anne Hathaway doesn't count when it's just around town).

5 hours later:

Lara and I were en route to the bus, when we walk in the path of some people getting filmed on Velibs (the free public bikes in Paris). I decided to do a double glance to see who exactly where on the bikes when...

Me: OH MY GOD!! IT'S DITA VON TEESE
Lara: Qui!?! (Who?)
Me: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.
Lara: Ummm....
Me: I need to call Sarah. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I know that now all of you are going to Google Dita von Teese. But I was sooo excited esp. 'cause I wanted to see her at Crazy Horse but the tickets were too expensive. But I was totally like, bugging out 'cause I saw 2 celebrities in 1 day. AHHH!!

(Real update tomorrow, I promise.)

1 comment: