Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Umm...coupez mes chevaux? oops..mes cheveux?

I know, it's hard to be as attractive as me. (Prior to haircut)
Yep, still really, really attractive! (After haircut)

If you get a Skype account, you too can see all my attractive facial expressions!

So 2 weeks ago I decided to get my haircut. And when I say "I", I mean my mother suggested it, my friends suggested it...and then I stopped brushing my hair 'cause I didn't have enough patience to get out all of the knots. And it was 2 days after that, that I decided I REALLY needed to get a haircut.

Back story:

My hair has almost always been at the length that it is right now (after cut). But while I was in China, I let it get long and it looked REALLY REALLY good. Mainly because there's almost no humidity there so I was tricked into believing that I can have long hair. LIES. I came home in December, got my hair cut right before I left in January - but didn't cut it short, I kept it long-ish. WELL - France isn't the same as Beijing and my hair started to get crazy long (and puffy)! But, I actually got some compliments on it too, which is why I kept letting it get longer and longer. (Heather's comment at the time (March): it looks luxurious!)

But the days went by and it started to triangle out...and my roots started showing. I'll admit it, I've been dying my hair since 8th grade. And then once I decided to stay here in Paris until mid-July, I knew I couldn't wait that long for a touch-up. So my decision was easy:

Me: EVAAA!!! I need a place to cut my hair.
Eva: Ok.
Me: Where do I gooooooooooooo?
(10 minutes later)
Eva: Thierry Lothmann. Use Mendi.
Me: Well that was easy...

2 days later:
(on the phone, at the Sweet Briar Office)
*Bring Bring*
Lady: Allo?
Me: Umm...est-ce que je peux faire une rendez-vous pour une coupe et les meches?
Lady: Oui.
Me: OK. Le nom c'est Jay. G-A-Y.
Lady:...Ok....
(give details, hang up)
Sarah: You never learned the alphabet, did you?
Me: Ummm maybe? Once?
Sarah: Do you realize you spelled your name "G-A-Y"?
Me: Fuck my life.

(The letters "g" and "j" are switched in French, Sarah assured me it's a common mistake. As did Jenny, who on the first day of SB spelled her name: Genny Kanj...)

2 days after that:
Went to the salon, got my hair did, and am actually pretty pleased with it! My hair was getting too long (Mother commented: It was starting to look a bit like Alice in Wonderland), so I'm glad I did it now instead of waiting for July, back at home.

YAAAAAAAAY for using French in real life! YAAAAAAAAAAY!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I just chuckled. that is definitely the college-equivalent of having a sign taped to your back. and yes, I remember that. but no, I no longer seethe with anger about it.

    also your year abroad sounds incredible. je suis tres jalu. or whatever.

    ReplyDelete