Monday, February 2, 2009

And Then My Umbrella Flipped Inside Out

So 2 Friday's ago, Sweet Briar took us to Versailles, about a 1/2 hour outside of Paris.

It sucked.

No fault of Sweet Briar or the Palace itself, but the weather sucked. Example 1:


It was sometime after this picture was taken that my umbrella flipped inside out. Bummer.

The photos I got inside were mediocre and we couldn't really snap photos in the garden (it was still pouring out) but for the 2 non-rain filled minutes going from the Palace to lunch, Sarah managed to snap this photo of me, making it look like I actually had fun and making my legs look really long. Score!In all honesty, it was very interesting there, and the Art History teacher at SB gave us a really good tour (in French, bien sur!) but I think I will have to come back on a day with better weather, to best appreciate the palace.

2 comments:

  1. Is the gate real gold?

    -Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm...try being in Ireland without one (I left it in a cab one day and of course it rained like all insanity the two days it took me to get a new one) Yeah. It's fabulous fun!

    Miss you roomy!
    <3
    Caty

    ReplyDelete