Saturday, February 14, 2009

Well, it's Def Different than China!

So in stark contrast to the prison which was my room in Beijing, my room here in Paris is quite lovely! It's about the size of a MHC room, for those who want a comparison, but instead of a closet, there are 2 armories...and a fireplace. Once again, I know I live a hard life.

This is my bed. There are birds on the bedspread, which doesn't really go with the pink Paul Frank pillowcase I brought from home. Whatever. The birds also match the drapes on the windows. (The room used to be the youngest son's room.)


My desk , chair, etc. To the left you can see the mantle, and under that is the fireplace. I don't think it's functional - and I'm not going to try it out! - and I have a bar blocking it anyway, so I can hang my coats and stuff. (Remember, no closet.)
The view from the left of my door. (There's a bathroom on the right side of the hallway, and 3 bedrooms on the left side.)View from in front of my room - leads to the front hallway/foyer/everything else in the house.

What's nice in my room - and I don't know if it's intentional or not - is that there are photos of horses and of asian people. (That last bit came out wrong, I know.) They knew beforehand that I'm a rider and that I speak Chinese (...or I did...) so it's nice that there are those photos in my room.

The walls here are padded too...or I mean, I think they are...there's give in them...or maybe I'm just going crazy...hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment