Monday, February 9, 2009

Apologies, and more

In the last week or so I've been getting e-mails about my updating, or more specifically, lack thereof.

My bad.

As I stated in the last post, my internet in the apartment is rather shitty. I can get good signal in the living room (which is like sitting in a museum and where I'm still not 100% sure if I can hang out in...) and in the bathroom (why yes, I multi-task, thanks for asking). The internet in my room? Not so much.

But I've been here for a month now, so I guess it's good to recap what's been going on with me:

Paris 7 is still on strike, so I have dropped my history classes at Paris 7 for ones at Sweet Briar. Which is kinda nice, cause it's def easier and less work than at Paris 7. What remains are my Chinese courses, which are killers, but will let me continue learning Chinese.

The first day of Chinese class was kinda rough:

Professor: Vous, la fille en noir, la question 1, SVP.
Me: UGHHHHHHH

Moral of the story: always identify that you are a foreign student and that you didn't show up to the first class.

Perf.

Otherwise, the Sweet Briar classes are good and I think I'll learn alot there.

And even though I only have Chinese at Paris 7, I still get to use my fancy-schmancy student ID card/debit card.

The Homestay front is going well, too.

I mean, there are times when I want to blend in the w/ the wallpaper, but the family is good and they treat me well. And Madame can COOK. I mean, really, really well. It's still a bit awkward at times (like right now, I have a ton of laundry to do but don't want to start it right now 'cause I don't know if she's OK with me using the laundry machine w/o asking...) but they tell good stories.

So, dear reader, I promise I will try to update more often, and with more pictures and videos...I guess I'll just have to start to use the bathroom more often.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment